Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mudfest 2014

So this past weekend G and I went to a little gathering in Hillman, MN called Mudfest. The point of Mudfest is big ass mud trucks, getting muddy, and drinking until your liver screams. I've gone before in years past with my ex and a big group of our friends. And I've always had fun.


There I am, having fun and getting muddy! It has been a few years since I've gone and I've been missing it! Nothing is better than raising hell in a big ass truck. This year G and I decided that we would go over Memorial Day weekend as a combination of our first wedding anniversary and my 26th birthday. I was so excited! We even had our good friend Matt join us at our campground. It was all set to be a great weekend.

But it was a disaster! 

I can't even understand how a weekend that was supposed to be fun turned out so bad! I realized that the biggest mistake of the weekend was assuming that G would enjoy it. On the ride home he said that he wasn't surprised that Mudfest wasn't fun because it wasn't his scene. Upon hearing that I was so disappointed. No wonder it wasn't fun because he wasn't feeling it! I know that he tried to have it be a good time because I was so excited. It was really well meaning on his part but I wish he would have told me so we could have planned something that would be fun for both of us!

Beyond G not really wanting to go, I think there was some kind of cosmic joke against us. First, we weren't able to camp with a bunch of our friends because the campsite filled in so fast! Then, one of our bean bag boards got ran over by a drunk person who decided that midnight was the perfect time to drive out of his campsite. And lastly, I burnt the shit out of my hand! We were playing tippy cup when someone bumped the table that the propane lantern sitting on. Me, being slightly inebriated, caught the it. 

Awesome! So yeah this is my wonderful start to summer! Can't get any worse than this. But I did realize that I can't bottle up past experiences to relive them. Something that was amazing years ago isn't going to be the same now. I've changed, and I have to keep in mind that G is older than me and isn't always up to my shenanigans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment